Friday, February 25, 2011

Yay:)


Tada!! Hello there:) Well, I did it! I'll use a phrase that usually comes in handy in my daily life, "Better late than never:)" Justin uses "Better out than in," (compliments of Shrek) which is a whole other story...and really grosses me out. Anyway, I'm not really sure how to begin this whole thing and I know I have huge shoes to fill from my mediocre, at best, following of friend's fantastic blogs over the past few years. But, I think if I have my own blog responsibility, it will help me to keep up with those friends and, most of all, document this crazy blessing of a life God allows me to be a part of each day:) One of my best friends in the whole wide world got me into scrapbooking a few years ago, which is a job I've fallen down on, and she's now one of the biggest inspirations behind this venture. So we can thank, or blame, Stephanie Harper:) Starting a blog has been a New Year's resolution for the past couple of years...along with reading the Bible cover to cover in a year, dying my hair darker for a change and getting in as good a shape as Jennifer Aniston;) Well...this year I have so far finished Genesis, dyed my hair a few shades darker -shout out to Brit:)- and am in the same ole shape I've been in for about the past 10 years. But when January came and went I was very disappointed I had not started this sooo I figured February is the time! It's the month of LOVE and God has been so gracious to smother me with so much of it in every area of my life, even when I take it for granted, I knew this would be a good time to finally get it going. So I guess we get the random introductions out of the way. I'm April in the pic there -compliments of another of my bffs, the very talented photographer Mrs. Jessica Edenfield..future mommy of what will no doubt be a very beautiful baby:) Then there is my handsome husband of 10 years (!!) this coming June and our 2 precious kids, Christian (9) and Sunny (7). Like I said, we are a part of a busy and blessed life with wonderful parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins etc etc.. As far as professions, Justin is a physical therapist, I'm an actress and Christian is an aspiring architect and Sunny a hard working little gymnast:) We teach the high school SR class at our church at FBC Douglasville and it is honestly one of the most fulfilling areas of my life that God allows me to be a part of. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my girls..the boys are OK too:) Well, I guess that will conclude the initial hello, hopefully I'll get better at this thing as we go along. Have a wonderful weekend!! Talk soon:) <>< april

3 comments:

  1. yippee skippee!! so excited that i can now keep up with my bff some way. haha. love you and am so glad you started a blog. can't wait to hear your voice through my screen. love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!! So happy you joined the blogging world so we can keep up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete